The International Conference on Behavioural and Social Computing (BESC) is a major international forum that brings together academic researchers and industry practitioners from artificial intelligence, computational social sciences, natural language processing, business and marketing, and behavioural and psychological sciences to present updated research efforts and progresses on foundational and emerging interdisciplinary topics of BESC, exchange new ideas and identify future research directions.
The Organizing Committee invites proposals for Special Sessions that cover any topic related to BESC. Special Sessions can also cover any other area focusing on challenging open problems of relevance in applications on Behavioural, Economic, and Socio-Cultural Computing.
Papers accepted in the Special Sessions will be included in the same conference proceedings volume with those accepted in the main track and will be candidates for being invited to the journal special issues that will be organised for BESC 2023.
The proposals for organising Special Sessions should be submitted to the Special Sessions Chairs by April 10, 2023. A proposal should be submitted in PDF, be no longer than 2 pages in length, and contain the following:
- Title of the proposed Special Session;
- Names, affiliations, and contact information of the proposers;
- Names and affiliations of the Program Committee of the Special Session;
- Description of the proposed Special Session, including the covered topics and the rationale as to why it fits into the themes of BESC;
- A dissemination plan of the CFP for the proposed Special Session that the proposers will undertake if their proposal is accepted.
- Submission of Special Session Proposals: 10 April 2023
- Acceptance Notification: 15 April 2023
- Special Session Papers Submission: 15 July 2023
- Acceptance Notification: 15 September 2023
- Author Registration: 1 October 2023
- Camera-Ready Submission: 1 October 2023
All inquiries about the special session proposal can be directed to the Special Session Chairs:
Taotao Cai, University of Southern Queensland, Australia.
Ting Yu, Zhejiang Lab, China.