Call for Special Sessions(View text version)
The 7th International Conference on Behavioral and Social Computing (BESC 2020) will take place in Bournemouth, United Kingdom, 5-7 November 2020.
BESC conference aims to become a premier forum in which academic researchers and industry practitioners from artificial intelligence, business and marketing, and behavioral and psychological sciences could present updated research efforts and progresses on foundational and emerging interdisciplinary topics of BESC, exchange new ideas and identify future research directions.
Following the successful BESC2014 in Shanghai, China, BESC2015 in Nanjing, China, BESC2016 in Durham, NC, USA, BESC2017 in Krakow, Poland, BESC2018 in Kaohsiung, Taiwan, BESC2019 in Beijing, China, BESC2020 will take place in Bournemouth, the United Kingdom.
The Organizing Committee invites proposals for Special Sessions to be held during the BESC 2020 conference in Bournmouth. While we welcome special sessions in all areas of Economy, Social Science, Psychology, and Computer Science, we are particularly interested in focused research topics, specifically those related to the following innovation themes:
- Social Computing and Applications
- Behavioral and Economic Computing
- Information Management and Systems
- Digital Humanities
- User Modeling, Privacy, and Ethics
Submissions to accepted special sessions will be 2 pages in IEEE two-column style. Accepted special session papers will also be included in the conference proceedings and submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I), e.g. EI and DBLP.
COVID-19 NoteThe organizing committee has decided to deliver BESC 2020 as a virtual event:
- All accepted BESC2020 papers will pay a significantly reduced registration fee, mainly to cover proceedings, technical and organisational support, and online hosting;
- Presentations for BESC 2020 shall be prepared by authors with audio/video embedded on them. They will be uploaded online and made accessible to the conference registrants and, with authors’ consent, to the public.
- Both synchronous and asynchronous Q&A will be arranged. This is to accommodate differences in timezones.
- Authors of BESC2020 accepted papers will be given the option to present in BESC2021; they will pay a discounted registration fees.
All papers will be reviewed by the Program Committee on the basis of technical quality, relevance to BESC 2020, originality, significance and clarity. Please note:
- All submissions should use IEEE two-column style. Templates are available from https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html
- All papers must be submitted electronically through the paper submission system in PDF format only. BESC 2020 accepts research papers (6 pages), industry papers (2 pages), special session papers (6 pages) and demo papers (2 pages). Extra pages need to be agreed with the program chairs in advance to the submission.
- Submitted papers must not substantially overlap with papers that have been published or that are simultaneously submitted to a journal or a conference with proceedings.
- Papers must be clearly submitted in English and will be selected based on their originality, timeliness, significance, relevance, and clarity of presentation.
- Submission of a paper should be regarded as a commitment that, should the paper be accepted, at least one of the authors will register and attend the conference to present the work.
Paper submission system is available at: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=besc2020
All accepted papers are expected to be included in IEEE Xplore and indexed by EI. Top quality papers after presented in the conference will be selected for extension and publication in several special issues of international journals, e.g., World Wide Web Journal (Springer) and Social Network Analysis and Mining (Springer).
Journal Special IssuesSelected for extension and publication in several special issues of international journals
- World Wide Web Journal (Springer)
- Social Network Analysis and Mining (Springer)
- Web Intelligence
- Information Discovery and Delivery
Further InformationFor all inquiries, please contact
- Email: IEEE.BESC@gmail.com